May 28, 2014

BARCELONA ...


Dear readers, this week, B is for Barcelona, Spain (seen from hotel, above) ...    

According to the recent annual Cities Survey from TripAdvisor, which collates the opinions of more than 54,000 travellers to the top 37 urban tourist destinations around the world, Barcelona came #3 in the 'overall experience' category. What's your favorite (vacation) destination?
                                         
                            So much to see here, both ancient and modern. 
                            One moment, you’re walking in Picasso’s footsteps
                            through medieval streets:




                                  Not forgetting the famous La Rambla


                 And then you’re confronted with such modernist wonders as these:

                                                        La Sagrada


                                                 
                                                and these buildings:



And, finally, thank you to all our dear readers who visited, commented or are new followers.

Enjoy!
NORA & LOLA:)


18 comments:

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Whenever I have a week to spare, I head for the Oregon coast...

GranthamLynn said...

Great post. Thanks for the tour.
I linked too come by and see me.
Mines a little Texan. LOL.
Have a good Thursday.
Sherry

fredamans said...

Very nice and unique architecture! Would love to see Spain one day!

Annesphamily said...

Gorgeous photos and always wonderful words to complete your perfect post! Enjoy your week.

bichonpawz said...

Hmmmm..that looks like quite an interesting place to visit! What buildings!! What variety!! Hope all's well with you two! xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

jenn said...

i LOVED barcelona. such a lively, inspiring place. my favorites are london and munich, but barcelona's definitely on the short list.

Pondside said...

It's been a long time since I was in Barcelona, but the flavour of the city has stayed fresh in my mind. Gorgeous!

carol l mckenna said...

Great photography of a beautiful place and post for B ~ xoxo ~ Happy Weekend to you

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Susan Anderson said...

I have a friend who spent a couple of years in and around Barcelona. Your pictures kind of brought it alive for me.

Thanks!

=)

Anonymous said...

I've never been outside of my United States, but I'd dearly love to travel the world over.

Birgit said...

Considering that I live comparatively near to Spain, it's a shame that I have never made it to Barcelona (or any other Spanish city). ;)

Great photos!

GranthamLynn said...

Hi again. Thanks for coming by my If your talk could talk post. It was an interesting topic!
Smiles,
Sherry

Erika said...

Barcelona - and all I can hear is Freddy Mercury and Montserrat Caballe....

Cristina Pop said...

Thanks for a great tour and piccs!

Little Wandering Wren said...

We loved Barca! There is so much for see and do, thank you for reminding me of our great holiday there.
Wrenx

Jenny said...

Our daughter and her husband went to this beautiful place!

It's on my bucket list!

But I feel like I was almost there with your bountiful pictures!

Thanks for linking, lovely lady.

A+

Unknown said...

Nice. A place I would love to visit one day.

Coddled Eggs and Kings Smiling. said...

Thank you for the trip down memory lane I love your blog. Really I really love it...