November 28, 2012

BOND, JAMES BOND ...


Dear readers, I am participating in Alphabe-Thursday where ‘B’ IS FOR *B*OND: JAMES BOND - AND THOSE BOND GIRLS …
The latest Bond movie, Skyfall, together with its latest Bond girls, makes me wonder yet again if it isn’t time (it's the 21st century, after all!) to retire these ladies from the franchise? What’s your view? Do you like them and believe they are as intrinsic/integral to the format as Bond himself? In other words, if they were to go, Bond would soon follow?

Here are a few reminders of Bond girls (past & present):
1. Bérénice Marlohe & Naomie Harris (with Daniel Craig, above) - Skyfall:
2. Honey Ryder (Ursula Andress) – Dr No:
3. Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman) – Goldfinger:
4. Tiffany Case (Jill St John) – Diamonds Are Forever:
5. Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen) – Goldeneye:
6. Strawberry Fields (Gemma Arteton) – Quantum of Solace:

WHAT’S YOUR TAKE? DO YOU LIKE / DISLIKE BOND MOVIES? (AND THOSE BOND GIRLS?) 
Do check out other *B* posts - Alphabe-Thursday  @ Jenny Matlock, Ruby Tuesday & Rednesday! 

And, finally, thank you to all my dear readers who have visited or commented. .
XOXO LOLA:)

19 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Lola and Nora,

I always enjoy the Bond movies, and do think the Bond girls are needed.
When you think they have been making the movies for 50 years, the format seems to be working.

Happy week
hugs
Carolyn

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I like them, but don't go out of my way to watch them...

I can't imagine a Bond movie without a Bond girl!

EG CameraGirl said...

Bond movies are always fun. :))

My name is Riet said...

Hi, I like the new Bond, handsome man

carol l mckenna said...

Fun photos for 'B' ~ love them ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Skoots1moM said...

hubs and i watch bond movies whenever they come on cable...always fun...and the older ones are our favs

Pondside said...

I'm not an avid Bond fan and could never get into the books at all. That said, I have certainly appreciated the various actors who have played Bond!

Jim said...

Thanks for the info and the reminder, Nora. Mrs. Jim and planned to go last week but missed. And now I had forgotten already that we should see it.

I had seen some of the earlier Bond movies but stoped going a long time ago. We do want to see Skyfall. It started earlier in London and was playing when we left. But that didn't fit our schedule either.
..

Pondside said...

Hello again, Nora and Lola - if you enjoy the series The Killing, I highly recommend the series Unit One (Danish) and The Eagle. We were hooked!

SarahBeth said...

Bond is always the ladies man, after all.... I got tired of Bond movies long ago, but I must admit, I do like Daniel Craig!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the last Bond Movie. Wish they could do a Bond movie without all the killing, though.

bichonpawz said...

Hi Lola and Nora!! Yes, Bond movies are ok in my book!!

Jessica said...

Fun movie to watch with beautiful ladies as well :-) that RED dress is stunning :-) Dropping by for Red Tuesday :-)

http://www.mommies2ks.com/2012/11/we-claimed-my-little-girls-read-your-heart-out-coupon.html

Jenny said...

You both are so cute!

I never thought of Bond, James Bond for a B post!

It's quite perfect!

I've not seen this movie. I generally end up at the G movies with the Grandlittles. My husband has a list of movies he says we are going to see. I think this was on his list!

Thanks for linking.

Have a beautiful day!

A+

Ralph said...

Bond (Connery is my favorite Bond) is a product of the 1950s, and of course cigarettes, alcohol and ladies were in the spotlight especially back then - I look at the character as being the same now, despite modern time objects. I believe they are integral to the character still even if they don't fit the 21st century anywhere else...

maria said...

I've enjoyed watching the Bond movies. Happy RT2!

Ruby Leaves
Red Velvet cupcakes

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Plenty of reds here!

Thanks for no word verification. I can live with comment moderation!

Our Lady of the Loo in Red

Along These Lines ... said...

Always found the selection of Bond girls fascinating. Nice collection.

Unknown said...

I always found that the Bond "girls" were being used as another form of "entertainment".