April 18, 2011

HOT AIR BALLOONS MAKE CHANNEL RECORD BID ...

Hot air balloons make Channel record bid!






More than 50 hot air balloons took off recently from Kent in an attempt to break the world record for the largest group to cross the Channel.


As a child I flew to a Mediterranean island in a twin prop plane that couldn’t land there because of a mini hurricane and was forced to keep on flying. The upshot was we missed our destination by some 200 miles and made an emergency landing in another continent - North Africa! It took me 20 years before I could board another plane, travelling everywhere by land or sea!

HAVE YOU FLOWN IN A HOT AIR BALLOON? WHAT’S THE MOST HAIR-RAISING JOURNEY YOU’VE EVER EXPERIENCED?

Do let me know! Happy Ruby Tuesday & Rednesday!

And do visit other Ruby Tuesday/Rednesday posts! (Links at Work of the Poet & Sue Loves Cherries.)

Enjoy!

XOXO LOLA:)

PS Have a good week and see you again for Alphabe-Thursday!

14 comments:

tania said...

Took me years to get on a plane too!

Holly said...

Great shots!

Jan said...

Would love to fly in a hot air balloon! :D

Unknown said...

I love the idea of riding in a hot air balloon, but I honestly don't know if I'd regret it. I get scared pretty easy, just the slight bit of turbulence and I begin to clutch onto my seat.
*kisses* HH

Michelle said...

Hate flying too! :-)

Mike said...

Superb images!

Dinah said...

Beautiful, beautiful images! I thought the first pic was a peacock ;-)

Red in Boracay

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Nora and Lola,

Have never been in a hot air balloon but would one day like to.
Have you?

Happy Easter dear friend
Hugs
Carolynsersio

Dimple said...

I've never been in a hot air balloon...

The most hair raising travel story I have is driving, in a small car while pulling a utility trailer, over a mountain pass from Grand Tetons National Park into Yellowstone National Park, through a magnificent thunderstorm. It was exhilarating!

Beautiful pictures!

Lesley said...

Riding in a hot air balloon sound so decadent (especially if it is with champagne over France.....)

These are great shots, it must have been quite a sight to see so many at one time.

Unknown said...

Nope - never flown in one but what fun photos! Thanks for a delightful visit for Rednesday for this Sandwich Generation granny nanny :)

Haute World said...

My husband actually booked a hot-air balloon journey once, but the offer expired and we never took advantage of it. I really would like to try it out for real. Not afraid of fying even though I've had three emergency landings due to engine failure and other issues. I do hate smaller planes though. I had to use them when I was in the Carribean as well as the Grand Canyon.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Never have , These are spectacular pics !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Terra said...

LOVE hot air balloons...they fascinate me!