August 28, 2010

FANCY A CANNIBAL MEAL THIS WEEKEND?

There are rumours of an alleged “cannibal restaurant” opening soon in Berlin based on the Wari culture of endocannibalism, the reverential consumption of a member of one's own society after their death! Whether true or not, Shaka Zulu restaurant (above) has just opened in Camden, London, offering an authentic taste of Africa (grilled zebra, anyone?) in an atmosphere of Zulu extravagance (but definitely no cannibalism! Not that is, unless the chef falls out with the commis and throws a strop...)

But you don’t have to look far for other themed food joints. Have you heard of Marton, a "Modern Toilet Diner" in Taiwan? Here, customers sit on seats shaped like lavatories, consuming carefully sculpted chocolate ice-cream (think!!) out of mini toilet bowls! Then there used to be Eternity in the Ukraine, which was cosily located inside the world's largest coffin (but business died) and a restaurant in Ahmadabad, India which is actually inside a Muslim cemetery.

But that’s not all. Fancy eating in a prison? Well, you’re spoilt for choice! There’s Chain Cool in Beijing, The Jail in Taiwan (again), and even in the UK, The Clink where not only are you dining inside an actual prison (High Down), but you're served and catered to by actual prisoners!

WHAT'S THE MOST BIZARRE THEMED RESTAURANT YOU KNOW OF, AND HAVE YOU EVER HAD A DECENT MEAL IN ONE?

Happy Six Word Saturday!
Other great posts @ Show My Face.

Have a good weekend and see you again for Ruby Tuesday.
Mwah!
XOXO LOLA:)

27 comments:

soulbrush said...

hilarious post today. my son has eaten crocodile and snake in africa, me- never- i am a vegetarian and prefer to see these lovely wild animals in their hebitat. will tell him about this new restaurant in london.

Hootin Anni said...

Now that MARTON restaurant sounds like a lot of fun. LOL

TAILS OF TWO CITIES

Thanks for visiting with me. Have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

Such fanastic infotainment here! haha!

Holly said...

All sound like lots of fun hehe!8-)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'll stick with familiar foods, thanks!


Faith for Anything

tania said...

Wow! I'll stick to the Mediterranan diet thanks -supposed to be so much healthier...!! Great post again :-)

Jan said...

Word veri's "Fudd"!Wierd,no?Hehe8-)

Pondside said...

Llama and Guinea Pig in Peru - neither one was particularly memorable.

Mike said...

Apart from frogs legs, snails and horse meat once in France, well, no...Sticking since to what I recognise...!

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was doing something different eating raw fish and seaweed.

NorCalMom said...

Some very creative spots to dine!

Not sure if I would visit, but interesting the hear about.

laterg8r said...

YUCK!!!!

i've heard of a restaurant with a glass floor hanging in the air, can't remember the name though :D

Anonymous said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Yuck. There goes my appetite. - G

Debby said...

BLECK!!!! You crack me up!!! Thanks for stopping by and visiting today. Have a great weekend.
Debby

Olivia said...

I went to a minority restaurant in China once where overall the food and entertainment (minority dancers) was great, but right in the middle of the meal we heard a scuffle near our table and looked over and there were our waiters killing a snake to drain its blood to serve us with alcohol!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

teawithonesugarplease said...

Are these for real??? I don't think I will be checking these places out anytime soon LOL xxx thanks for leaving me a comment I know how it its - I either spend time reading other blogs and leaving comments and run out of time to do a post of my own xxx

John (@bookdreamer) said...

All I can say is that it had women with a tight budget for clothes who liked to cane the naughty boys who ate school dinner meal( and no I never ate there and it didn't keep in business long!)Hope your week goes. My 6WS.

EG CameraGirl said...

Life for some people can be sooo weird! But maybe mine seems strange too. :)

Anonymous said...

I have seen the toilet restaurant on television. It seems that Taiwan is inclined more toward the "bodily functions" type of shock factors than any other country.

As for cannibalism restaurants: Soylent Green can't be far behind.

Unknown said...

Where do you find this stuff? Wonder if they serve a pork bbq in the Indian Resturant..hehe
I guess if you're gonna get robbed by a high priced Resturant, might as well be a jail theme.
Cannibal resturant wouldn't surprise me....Blood Bars are said to be in some cities here in the States...all Vampires welcome 8]
Yum, after all this I could go for a snack!

Jenny said...

Yikes. I think I'll just stick to plain old Mexican restaurants!

Berlin said...

Eww, a cannibal restaurant?!
I have seen the prison restaurant on the TV program 'Hero to Zero', it's interesting!

Weirdest restaurant I saw yesterday was 'The Pork restaurant', guess it's all about pork.

Have a brilliant day,
Berlin

bichonpawz said...

Lola! You find the most interesting stuff! We just eat kind of normal things around here...xoxoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Draffin Bears said...

Oh dear Nora and Lola,

I am so glad that cannibalism is not still going on.
Such an interesting post with all the authentic delights and thanks for sharing.
While we were away there were all sorts of meats on the go - alligator, kangaroo ~ I did try a little of both, but think I will stick to what I know and enjoy.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

French Fancy... said...

Hiya Nora - yes, I remember hearing about this and then being mighty relieved when it was discovered just to be a bogus story. Whoever dreams these things up?

Kisses to the lovely Lola and one for yourself as well

x

Maggi said...

My favorite themed restaurant was Ninja New York. Ninjas everywhere bringing me delicious food, awesome! :D

Call Me Cate said...

Everywhere I've eaten seems so tame. My husband has had some interesting dining experiences in China and South Korea but nothing out of the ordinary to the locals there. Interesting post, thanks for playing 6WS!